If you’d like to help your fellow writers kick NaNoWriMo’s mean little butt, write a post for The Write Practice’s NaNoWriMo community area.
We want to give people a place to write their NaNoWriMo novel. In the same way that writers “practice” in the comments section of every Write Practice post, the NaNoWriMo community area will allow people to write their novel right in the comments section.
Like all posts on The Write Practice, each post will have:
- A short piece of instruction, encouragement, teaching, exhortation, or barbaric-yawp-battle-cry.
- A writing prompt encouraging people to put to practice what they just learned.
Here’s an example prompt:
Write everything you know about your main character: her values, fears, desires, and needs. Post your brainstorm in the comments section. And if you post, please share the love and comment on a few pieces by other writers. Good luck!
A Few Notes:
- Try to keep the length between 200 to 400 words. Keep it short so people can get writing.
- If your post is good enough, we may feature it on the front page of The Write Practice!
- Please don’t recycle a post published elsewhere (including your own blog). Also, please don’t publish your guest post elsewhere.
- However, please do post a teaser on your blog, tell your twitter/facebook friends, and email your mom about it.
The Next Step:
- Send us an email telling us a bit about your idea. We may brainstorm with you about how to make it better for our audience.
- Once you write the post, you understand, of course, that we will have to edit your post for grammar, spelling, etc. If we make any major changes, we’ll make sure you’re cool with it before publishing.
- We’d love to post every submission, but if yours doesn’t work for our audience, we may have to turn you down. Sorry!
- If we do publish your post, we hope to see your own practice in the comments section as well as your feedback to other writers.
Thanks and happy practicing!
The Write Practice Team