How to Write Your Next Draft
In this 2-part class, you'll learn
- The 10-step editing process I use with my editing clients. If you’re developmentally editing a novel, you need a process. This is the process I use with my one-on-one clients to turn rough drafts into un-put-down-able stories.
- How to set the RIGHT goal for your next draft—and how having a goal will make your editing process easier, clearer, and more successful.
- How to craft unforgettable characters and make sure they’re driving your plot.
- The EASY way to test dozens of editing ideas WITHOUT writing thousands of words. This is the fun part of editing! Plus, doing this before you edit will save you hours of wasted writing.
- My favorite strategy for creating a foolproof editing plan. So much of the editing process happens before you change a single word. I’ll show you how to make the most of the time before you edit.
- And more!
You can join us live at the following times, or watch the recorded lessons afterward:
- Friday, May 19 2023 at 2 pm Eastern / 11 am Pacific / 7 pm UK
- Friday, May 26 2023 at 2 pm Eastern / 11 am Pacific / 7 pm UK
Sign up below for a classes membership to participate in this class.
About Writing Classes at The Write Practice
In our monthly classes, you'll transform from aspiring writer to published author.
Transforming from an aspiring writer to a published author takes practice.
Specifically, it takes deliberate practice.
At The Write Practice, we believe that everyone can become a published author and share their writing with the world through deliberate practice. But what is deliberate practice though?
Deliberate practice has five components:
- Theory & Craft
- Practice (you must put the theory to practice)
- A coach
- A team
If you focus on each of those five things, you'll become a better writer, finish your book, and accomplish your writing goals.
Through our Writing Classes, we want to help you learn the craft.
At The Write Practice, our mission is to create experiences that help you transform from aspiring writer to published author.
That's why we're so excited about offering these monthly classes to help you do just that. When combined with our coaching programs like 100 Day Book and 1 Year to Publish, we know that they will help you accomplish your writing goals.
Sign up now, or learn more below.
Class Schedule for 2023
This schedule is subject to change.
How to Get a Literary Agent
Tools for Writers
Past classes may be purchased individually.
You can sign up for individual classes, but when you sign up for a membership, you'll also get all of the following.
The Write Structure Course
Master book structure for fiction, memoir, and nonfiction and learn to write or edit your masterpiece.
Foundations in Publishing
How do you get published and become a professional author? In this extensive course, you'll learn exactly what it takes to become an author in the 21st century.
Book Writing Library
10+ hours of video lessons on the ins-and-outs of writing a great book.
There's more though. You'll also get:
Build your writing team in a community of writers who want to help you succeed.
Get Feedback in Our Writing Workshop
Post your writing and get feedback from your fellow writers in our writing workshop.
Get Published in a Literary Magazine
You'll have exclusive submissions to our partner literary magazine, Short Fiction Break.
Join Our Writing Contests
Put your skills to the test in our regular writing contests.
Sign up for one class or join as a member and save 50 percent, plus get bonuses!
Single ClassTake One Class
- Class. Take any single class.
- Feedback. Share your writing in the workshop.
- Existing Course Access. Get access to existing courses. An $838 value.
- Bonus: Publish your writing on Short Fiction Break
- Bonus: Writing contest entry
Classes MembershipSave 50 percent
- Class. Take any single class.
- Feedback. Share your writing in the workshop and get feedback on your writing.
- Existing Course Access. Get access to existing courses like The Write Structure, Foundations in Publishing, and our Book Writing Library. An $838 value.
- Bonus: Publish your writing on Short Fiction Break literary magazine
- Bonus: Writing contest entry
I don't know if I can make it to the live lessons. Will they be recorded?
Yes! All the lessons will be recorded, so if you can't make it live, make sure to watch the recording.
Plus, if you sign up for a memberhsip, you'll have access to many past courses, including Foundations in Publishing and The Write Structure Course.
What if don't live in the United States?
This course is open to all authors and aspiring authors, whether in the United States, Europe, Australia, India, or elsewhere. If you want to write a book, this course is for you. Keep in mind that you'll gather live on Zoom several times a month with your mastermind cohort, and let us know in your application which of our available time slots works best for you.
When do the payments for the membership end?
You can continue to receive the classes, access to the community and workshops, and access to past classes indefinitely. If you'd like to end your payments, just let us know at admin [at] thewritepractice [dot] com.
Do the classes include individualized feedback?
The membership plan includes access to our writing workshops where you can receive feedback on your writing.
Our instructors always make an effort to connect with students, but they're not able to provide feedback. If you'd like coaching and feedback on your writing, please consider signing up for 100 Day Book, our book coaching program, or 1 Year to Publish, our writing mastermind. Thanks!
You Need to Learn the Craft.
Let's Do It Together!
If you want to get published, there's no way around it. You have to learn the craft of writing. You also need to learn how the publishing industry works. Plus you need a team who can support you along the way.
At The Write Practice, we want to support you in every facet of the writing process, starting with learning the craft.
Our unique, practical approach will help you put what you've learned to use immediately so you can start becoming a better right away.
Then, we'll give you the tools to get feedback and share your writing with the world.
Sign up for classes and let's get started transforming into a published author today.